Thursday, October 7, 2010

And now a little humor.....................

Humor ---  cuz this can't all be so serious.......
And humor is at my core, I love to laugh.

I want to go back to my hair for this post.
I realized that I may never have red hair again and decided that I wanted to document it for posterity. Something I could put in my scapbook for looking back in the years ahead.

So, Saturday night, Melissa - Amy - Ellen and I all sat around and they styled my hair in over twenty different styles. We took pictures of each and every one.  I sat in the same place each hairdo so that I can create some slideshow fun with them.

We did some funky styles - like a 70's flower child, The Snookie poof and even the Lady Gaga Bow.



It was a lot of fun!  Want a sneak peek?



Remember Cousin IT?

This photo shoot got me thinking..  There are a lot of accessories that I will no longer need come Monday.  Well at least not initially.




Not going to be needing a comb or a brush.







Spending the summer with almost to my waist hair - I used these a lot, just to get the hair up off my neck.




Or these - they worked better becuase they don't leave creases in my hair.






I use a ton of these all the time - to pull my hair off my face and fasten it into a bun.






So those are the things that I will be throwing into a shoebox for awhile I guess.

Then I started thinking - what am I going to be using?

I grabbed some pretty colored hats.




And then someone told me my head would be cold, so ......





These should come in handy as sleep caps too.


I purchased a chemo head scarf - really pretty but really expensive.  So I took it apart and after a trip to the fabric store, I have a selection of material to make my own scarves with..........









Am thinking I pretty much have the head covered now -- 


Then, just to show you how my mind works, there are some other things that I have been thinking about, like:

I think my morning routine will be a bit shorter now.
I think I will use a whole heck of a lot less shampoo.
Will conditioner even be necessary?
I have always had an awful case of dandruff in the fall  - will I have to use moisturizer on my head?
Will the dandruff just blow off my head in the wind?
Will my strawberry birthmark at the base of my head really show now?
Wonder if I have any other birthmarks that I don't know about?
Wonder if my head is bony? Misshapen?
Will I have veins that are noticible on my head?

All these questions will be answered in just 3 short days.....  tick tock..tick tock......



2 comments:

  1. When Sondra started chemo, they told her in 12 days she would wake up and her hair would be falling out in clumps. In exactly 12 days, it happened. I collect baseball caps from all over the world, many of which Sondra's daughter Wendy has brought to me from her world travels for Ernst & Young. Sondra wore many of these during her naked times. She was curious to see what shape her head was in and was pleasantly surprised to find that it wasn't bad at all. You are off on an adventure for a worthy cause. Blessings on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why I keep wanting to wish you the best of luck but I keep doing so even though I know you are completely comfortable this.

    You're a true inspiration and I know you will touch someone's life because you have already touched mine ☺

    ReplyDelete